AndBeyond’s Bateleur Camp in Kenya Masai Mara National Reserve has reopened after a refurbishment .With new bathtubs, furniture, fittings ,alfresco showers, two pools and a coffee bar that transforms into a gin bar at night.
Why we love it.
- Day and night game drives, bush walks and hot air ballooning available nearby
- Breathtaking views over the Masai Mara – set just below the spot where Out of Africa’s famous final scene was filmed
- Ambiance of classic Kenyan safari
- Community visit, including interaction with the Maasai
- Perfect for wildlife enthusiasts, first time and repeat travellers, nature lovers, photographers, birders.
Tucked away at the foot of the scenic Oloololo escarpment (the rim of the Great Rift Valley) is the classic and elegant &Beyond Bateleur Camp.
Here, amidst the reserve’s astounding year-round concentration of animals, including the Great Wildebeest Migration, guests can experience an unsurpassed wildlife experience.
This romantic and totally private camp reflects the ambiance of Kenyan safaris of the ‘20s and ‘30s and is situated below the scenic location where the famous final scene of the movie Out of Africa was filmed.
Adventures at &Beyond Bateleur Camp include twice-daily game drives, including spot-lit night drives. The camp also offers a range of additional activities such as bush walks, hot air balloon safaris and community excursions that include soul-tickling interactions with the Maasai.